Love photography? Have a big fancy camera but don’t know how to use it? Want to learn how to take better photos? Consider joining me in Photo 101: an online, self-study class that is easy to understand and FUN. Photo 101 features ALL of the lessons from my popular online photography classes, now rolled into one big ball of photo goodness! My classes used to be monthly but now you can choose how much access you’d like and class starts the moment you sign up… no more class dates to fuss with! Pick from 2 week, 1 month, 2 month or lifetime access. So get excited! Now you can learn to shoot in manual. Get creative. See the light. Edit like a boss. Whatever tickles you pink!
Photo 101 – Learn to Rock Your Camera!
Photo 101 is a self-study online class. While there is no instructor interaction or critique of photos, I am still available via email if you have any questions about lessons. Students can also connect with me and other Bella Pop students in the private class Facebook page. This is a great place to ask questions, connect and share the photos you take in class! And since you can learn so much from others, I’ve included 15 bonus videos that feature video feedback of past students! There is also an FAQ page with questions from past students.
Photo 101 consists of 31 lessons available online 24-7 during your access. Lessons feature text, photo examples and video. There are no set times for lessons (yes, international students are welcome!) Even better… you can watch the videos and read the lessons on your iPhone, iPad, smart phones, etc! Before you know it you’ll be showing off your mad photo skills and rocking your camera.
Skill level and Gear:
This is a beginner class – no skill level or experience is required! This is also a great class to refresh and become more confident in digital photography, so intermediate students are welcome. As far as gear, it is recommended that students have a DSLR or point and shoot with manual capability. Students may take the class with a point and shoot camera or film camera but will not be able to participate in all lessons. A kit lens is just fine, no special lenses are required.
What you’ll learn:
Photo 101 is a BIG class. You can learn as little (or as much) as you’d like during access. For a “traditional” class pace, allow 4 weeks for each subject. You can always do a crash course of one subject in about 2 weeks time but that is pretty intense. Since Photo 101 is a compilation of my 5 original classes, it takes about 5 months to complete all the lessons at a traditional pace. If you are a new student and wish to complete all the subjects, I highly recommend registering for “lifetime access.” If you’re only interested in one or two of the subjects, 1 month or 2 month access will suffice. Here are the different subjects / lessons available in Photo 101…
Camera Basics and Shooting in Manual
• buttons and knobs
• camera care
• the kit lens
• intro to shooting in manual
• depth of field, focal plane and bokeh
• shutter speed
• aperture vs. shutter speed (when to use which?)
• white balance
• focus points
• advanced focus techniques
• editing basics for Lightroom, Photoshop Elements and Photoshop (choose what you want to learn or try them all!)
• culling, organizing photos and minor edits
• JPG, RAW and working with files
• exporting files and file size
• color and exposure correction
• using layers, dodge and burn tools
• using clone, add/remove objects, changing colors
• editing with liquify, using actions and B&W
• natural editing for portraits
• workflow and prepping files for print
Shooting, Composition and Design
• seeing things differently
• the different kinds of lenses
• framing, crops, rule of thirds
• shape, line, texture, B&W and pattern
• being creative with natural light
• shooting with ambient light
• painting with light
• shooting product shots
• shooting details and activities
• basic posing and candid portraits
• planning and coaching for the best shoot
Natural Light, Flash and Low Light
• seeing the light
• the different kinds of natural light
• shooting in full sun, shade, sunrise and sunset
• shooting on cloudy days, indoors with window light
• shooting in low light situations
• shooting at night, using a tripod
• on-camera flash, bounce flash and diffusers
Registration, Dates and Pricing
There are no set dates for Photo 101 – class starts the moment you sign up!
Access options / pricing
2 weeks – 75.00
1 month – 120.00
2 months – 200.00
lifetime – 400.00
**past Bella Pop students** if you have taken 1 or more of my 4 week classes, you are eligible for a special discount code. Please email me at email@example.com for your code before registering. Thanks!
Ready to start class? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Hope to see you in class soon! xo B