I love cooking. We’re talking head over heals in love. Brandon loves eating. He does a happy dance in the kitchen every time I cook. For real. Obviously, we make a good team. :)
That being said, it’s no surprise that over the years of our marriage I’ve accumulated a TON of cooking stuff. There’s the oh so fancy tabletop Breville grill/panini press Brandon surprised me with at Christmas one year. Crock pots in different sizes, a bread machine and the fondue pot with multicolor sticks. I’ve got stacks of cookbooks and lots of pans, some I’ve never used. An ice cream maker that’s MIA. When I started out as a newlywed, young cook, I thought I needed it all. Turns out, there are some things you can do without (fondue pot!) and other things you *should* spend good $$$ on. Here are some of my favorites:
1. a set of very good Chef’s knives is a must! Check out this J.A. Henckels Pro S 7-Piece Set
2. plastic cutting boards / jelli boards / in a variety of colors to choose from, two at least.
3. Barefoot Contessa at Home: Ina Garten is my favorite chef. ever. Her recipes are amazingly easy and oh so delicious. I have the entire collection (and I actually use them!)
4. silicone pastry brushes = love
5. my (red) KitchenAid mixer is worth it’s weight in gold!! if only I could collect every color…
6. really good baking pans: like these great heavy duty ones from Chicago Metallic Commercial
7. KitchenAid food processor this is my mixer’s partner in crime
8. a set of melamine mixing bowls: not that I need more, but gosh do I want this set! it’s discontinued from the Martha Stewart Collection. eBay anyone?