So get this: we planned on going to DC for spring break but I sorta kinda planned everything for the WRONG week! Ha ha! YES I totally blame my ex-gallbladder. Since B had exams the week of our actual vacation and can’t miss, we changed it up a bit. I’m super excited though because we’ll be jetting away for a mini beach getaway in one of my fave places: Galveston. Don’t worry, we’ll get to DC eventually. ;)
Galveston is a GREAT place for a beach getaway… for both couples and families. There’s so much to do! If you’re taking a cruise out of Galveston you might want to spend a day or two to ride a surrey bike on the seawall, eat at Gaido’s or hit the beach. The hotels get pretty pricy on the island but there’s also RV parks, a state park and a few options on airBNB. Here are some of the trip ideas from my Galveston Pinterest board…
1. hang out at the beach!
2. take pictures of sunsets. yes, please!
3. get my nom nom on at Gaido’s. It’s only been around oh… since 1911!! LOVE this place
4. oogle Galveston’s historic beach front hotel – the Hotel Galvez
5. ride our bikes on the sea wall! p.s. you can totally rent bikes including surrey bikes for the family
6. get ice cream sodas and a sugar high at La King’s Confectionary in the historic Strand
7. check out the NEW Pleasure Pier and ride the ferris wheel overlooking the ocean!! so excited for this and to take pics!
8. run around taking pics at Pier 21 – there’s a clipper ship to check out too!
9. shop for beach treasures at my favorite over. the. water. store. Murdoch’s Bathhouse
That’s just some of the fun stuff to do in Galveston! We have plans to take the ferry (it’s free and a fun place to watch for dolphins!) over to Crystal Beach and take pics of the Bolivar lighthouse. I just *have* to check out the old tombstones at the Galveston City Cemetery… there’s a cool ship captain one I want to see. We’ll run around the historic district to find the tree carvings, poke around antique stores over at The Strand, maybe take pictures of jellyfish and stuff at Moody Gardens. I want to try a fave local restaurant The Mosquito Cafe and grab brunch at The Star Drugstore. Oh and did I mention the BEACH??? Yes. the. beach. oh. my. gosh. I. love. the. ocean!!!!
Hey, I told you I was excited… didn’t I? Can’t wait to run around, smell the ocean air, and take tons of pictures!!
Hey there! Well I’m feeling great and I’m excited to be back and blogging more WOO HOO!! As you know we love to hit up antique stores – here are a few of my latest vintage finds from a couple of our shopping adventures. Sometimes I find hoards of goodies and other times it’s just one tiny thing (like the butter dish!) or just big fat nada. Oh, but it’s so much fun! I’m gathering quite the collection of mismatched drink glasses which are gonna be so. super. cute. in Camperrrr!
LOVE the scroll detail on the smaller juice glass! And of course, polka dots. RAWR.
YAY!!! 1950′s vintage plastic butter dish! I was SO stoked to find this one. It’s not perfect and has a minor crack, but for $1.50 it was a steal. Oh my gosh. Wait till you guys see the vintage Hawaiian / palm tree glass in the next set! squeal. worthy.
stay tuned for more vintage finds!